Monday, November 29, 2010

Our Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. I ran the 5 mile turkey trot in downtown Cleveland Thanksgiving morning. It was fun, but cold! It was windy and rainy through most of it, but I made it. Little G wasn't too thrilled about the whole thing. Him and Adam were waiting at the finish for me, but we couldn't find each other for about 30 minutes. This picture pretty much describes how happy Gavin was too be there. I don't blame him....it was freezing!
We had a delicious Thanksgiving feast at the church with a big group of friends. I am so grateful for the friends we have made here and am grateful to have shared Thanksgiving with them.
And now, what do you know....Christmas is right around the corner! We set up our little 3 foot tree this year since we will only be here a couple of weeks before we head out West. Gavin of course loved the tree and I'm still trying to teach him that we "just look" and not pull off every ornament. He's getting it....sort of ;) Who can resist those shiny, sparkly balls?



I feel so blessed in my life, and am truly grateful for my little family. I feel some of the greatest moments in my life are the ones where I am at home spending time with my two favorite people.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Brittany and Marcin said...

Gavin is getting so big!! Happy late thanksgiving to you guys!!!

Sarah said...

I would have done the turkey trot with you. I am proud of you for doing it! Poor Gavin looked like he was ready to go. He is so sweet. I am glad you guys had a good thanksgiving.