Sunday, April 14, 2013
1. Ruby loves to say, "cheeeeese" for the camera.
2. I refinished our kitchen table with the help of some friends. I love it. Looks so much better.
3. My cute sleepy girl.
4. A little alone time with this boy. Stopped at sonic for a "green" slushy.
5. He is tired, and she loves to relax with her daddy.
6. Always wanting to brush her teeth, or her "cee-cee"
7. Taking pictures of herself
8. They love each other. So sweet.
9. He thinks he's funny wearing Ruby's 12 month old Halloween costume.
10. Watching a movie naked.
11. Eating some Nutella chocolate cookie dough.
Alright, I'm totally copying you Jenny ;)
1. Gavin's tired face on the way home from Costco.
2. Throw up bowl on G's head. We had a rough week full of lots of puke. That was in March I think.
3. Ruby and her dad doing stretches at Gavin's gymnastics class.
4. Gavin helping out putting Rubes down for a nap.
5. We just found out we matched with Ohio State for residency! Woo hoo!
6. I ran a 5K. Felt good. Need to run more races.
7. Rubes is the cutest thing when she wakes up from her nap.
8. A little frozen yogurt stop. That girl ate most of mine. Note to self: Next time she gets her own.
9. Gavin and Dad enjoying theirs.
10. We like to make silly faces and take pictures.
11. She's just trying to get a little sun tan.
12. I had a birthday! 27..I'm old. We celebrated with friends at Wild Mango. So yummy!
13. Got some new shoes for my birthday.
14. Just enjoying the chilly, but sunny weather.
15. Sharing kisses and jelly beans under the table during general conference.
16. Park day. She loves that big yellow swing.
17. We bought a kite. Gavin says, "I'm getting bigger now! I have a kite!"
18. Some more park fun.
19. And more. This was in Columbus.
20. Just snuggling my baby girl after her nap. The best.
21. Watching the first thunderstorm of the spring.
22-25. Finding rolly pollies.
26. Day in Columbus. House hunting and checking out Ohio State.
27. Hiding from a monster.
28. General conference day. They are the cutest.
Back in February we headed over to Pittsburgh for a fun few days with my parents. My dad had some conferences there, so we had fun swimming at the hotel, eating out, going to the Children's museum, and watching some movies. The kids had so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa Merrill. There flight got delayed, and they ended up not coming in on Tuesday night like they were supposed to. They finally made it Wednesday morning, and when we got to the airport to pick them up Gavin got so excited his little eyes welled up with tears. Seriously, the cutest thing I have ever seen. We were so happy they had finally made it!
Thursday, April 11, 2013
We had a fun Easter this year. We did a big Easter egg hunt with friends. They had a little small room just for the little ones, and the rest of the kids were outside. Adam went with Gavin, and I went with Ruby. Once she realized that her dad wasn't there she didn't even care about the eggs and just kept saying, "where daddy?" Then I got her back into the action. That girl loves her daddy. So sweet.
Sunday we had dinner with some friends, and tried to get a some good family pictures. I tried getting some of Gavin and Ruby outside at the church, but Gavin wouldn't even stand in the picture...ha. So, this is what we got.
Most importantly, we got to celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior. I am so grateful for my Savior, and know that he lives. I feel so blessed to know the things that I know. Our Heavenly Father loves us, and I know he is watching over me and my family.
Sunday, March 17, 2013
I can't believe this cute little thing is 18 months! She went to nursery for the first time today, and did great! She is still my little baby, and can't believe she is old enough to be in there. My little Ruby girl makes me so happy. She is such a joy and knows how to make me smile everyday. Some of her favorite things right now are:
Her "cee-cee" or toothbrush with "bubble" or toothpaste.
"Ah-me" this means she usually wants any sort of candy or treat she can get her cute little hands on.
Books... she loves, loves to just sit down on my lap and flip through stacks of books. I love it too.
Her "binkie" and her "binkie". Translation: her binkie and her blankie.
Wants a book when she goes down for her nap now
She also has to have every blanket in sight stacked on top of her while I sing to her before I lay her down for bed.
She loves putting on Gavin's clothes. Almost everyday she grabs one of his shirts or pjs and wants us to put them on. Sometimes she wants his underwear on too. She'll walk around all day in his clothes. So dang cute.
She loves to go outside and walk around.
She's afraid of ants.
I can't imagine my life without this sweet girl. I feel so blessed to be her mother and just want to squeeze her every chance I get. Stop growing baby girl.