Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Off To Brazil

 Part of the reason I went to Oregon when I did was to see my baby brother off on his LDS mission! He is now in Brazil for the next two years, and I still can't believe he is old enough to be out on his own in a foreign country! He is going to be a great missionary. It was fun to spend some time with him before he left, and see him get on that plane to Brazil (a little bittersweet.....I miss him already). 

What handsome brothers I have! It's crazy to think that just a few years ago this cute boy in the green was headed off to Brazil as well!
 Watching Uncle Grant Elder Merrill board the plane.
The night before he left.
Most of the family that came for the occasion.
 I love this picture.....such a priceless face by the little g-man. Who wants to take pictures, when there is grass and rocks to run around and play with?

2 comments:

Dan said...

Pretty cool, congrats to your brother. What mission did he get called to? Literally everyone from our stake is getting called to Brazil, it's crazy.

Laura said...

So happy for your family! It's always great to send off a missionary...although it really is bittersweet! I love that your brother is wearing that Brazil shirt...very appopriate!